Our first visit of the day was to The Book of Kells. The museum and the book were fabulous. Because we had watched a movie about The Book of Kells before we left the kids were fascinated by the exhibit.
It had been a long vacation so most of today was spent slowly strolling the streets, checking out the people and the sights, and doing a little bit of last minute shopping.
We also got to spend a few minutes looking for Reagan who got lost again. She was holding Rachael's hand, we all stopped to look at an old church so Rachael let go for a second and Reagan just wandered off. Again, I realized it fairly soon, I was constantly counting heads on this trip, it was really hard to keep track of eight people. I asked some folks sitting outside a pub if they'd seen her and they said they had just seen a little Blondie walking back and forth. Mike found her a half a block away trying to convince someone to help her cross the street. I guess she knew she couldn't cross the street by herself. So we had ANOTHER talk about staying with the group, staying where you are if you do get lost, and this time added a punishment to help her remember. For the rest of the trip she had to hold a grown ups hand AT ALL TIMES and she didn't get to pick which grown up. Why was she NOT traumatized by this? Why do I have such slippery kids?! I happen to know that not all kids wander like mine do.
Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more: death hath no more dominion over him.
For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.
Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin: but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
We had heard that there was a food market happening at the park, we just didn't know where in the park. This is a very large park. Twice the size of Central Park. I was ready to skip the food market and head back to town but Mike was determined to make it to the market. So on we went. Now the story that I will tell my grandkids is that Mike walked us soooo long and sooo far that we ran into deer herds in the park.
Actually, these deer are tagged and live in the park. They must be fairly used to people since they didn't run when we approached them.

I will say that it was almost worth the walk. Of course, our walk didn't end there, we continued to traverse the whole length of the park and when we got to the market at 5 pm it had just closed. Clearly it was time to go home to Boston.
After dinner at an Italian restaurant we took the train over to our friends, The Taylors where after a short little Easter Egg hunt for the kids, we crashed on extra mattresses and couches and got a few hours of sleep. By 4 am we were at the airport and headed to Paris where we switched planes and headed back home.
So, was it worth it?
Absolutely!
Would I do it again?
Well, not tomorrow or the next day, but give me a few years and I'm sure the answer will be, Yes!
I will say that it was almost worth the walk. Of course, our walk didn't end there, we continued to traverse the whole length of the park and when we got to the market at 5 pm it had just closed. Clearly it was time to go home to Boston.
So, was it worth it?
Absolutely!
Would I do it again?
Well, not tomorrow or the next day, but give me a few years and I'm sure the answer will be, Yes!
No comments:
Post a Comment