Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Blue Hills

Saturday was a beautiful day. Unfortunately, I still felt a little bit under the weather. But one way or another I was going to enjoy my favorite season on a gorgeous Saturday when we didn't have a billion things going on. My first thought was we would go up to Vermont. Then I realized I really didn't have the energy for a whole day trip. Then I thought we'd go to Providence and enjoy Waterfire. They light torches along the riverbanks and have other activities. But that was going to get me back home too late and I needed a good night's rest. So we eventually settled on hiking the Blue Hills. It did wear me out but I was glad that I got out and enjoyed the day.

The path we took was a pretty steep climb up a lot of rocks. Reagan really knows how to scramble up rocks. No fear and no signs of the climb wearing her out.
At the top they have a stone tower that gives you an even higher view of your surroundings. The tower looked just like a fairy tale tower for Rapunzel. The view was amazing.



I thought the view from Noanett peak was great but this view topped it. So, when all of you out-of-towners come visit us we can hike to the top. And if you can't quite keep up with Reagan they also have a ski lift ride up to the top.

No comments: