Sunday, September 5, 2010

Springfield Museums

Mike took two days off the last two weeks of summer. On the first day off we went to the Springfield museums. Four museums-two art museums, a museum on Springfield history, and a Science museum, plus they had a Dr. Seuss sculpture garden. The museums were just the right size for our children and had plenty of variety.
Here we are in front of Horton the Elephant.
The girls are making peace with The Lorax.
We thought the girl in the painting reminded us of Lilly with Attitude.
Of course, Poseidon complete with horns, we thought resembled Mike.

Geoff is sitting in a chair sculpture made so that you can sit and ponder the other art in the room from many different angles. I'm sure that Reagan's pink sunglasses are aiding in the pondering process.
I think we were pretending there was a fire. I guess I'm just not a very good sport.

More Springfield. . .
The second day Mike took off work was for Lilly's birthday. This year we gave her the choice between a party and taking the family to Six Flags Amusement park. So we went back to Springfield and spent the day HAVING A BLAST!!! Mike and Geoffrey took me on Bizarro first. Truly the fastest roller coaster I have ever been on. Yes, I "screamed like a little girl." Reagan and Lilly rode on most of the little kid rides but truly Loved the scary rides. They almost lost it on Pandemonium, a roller coaster that spins as it speeds down the track. I reassured them that we were having fun and they put on a brave face. Their eyes were really wide but they forced a smile and a Wheee. Now they say that it was their favorite ride. At the end of the day Mike and Geoff took off to ride Batman and Mind Eraser. I thought I was getting a deal by going with the girls on the tame rides but after several whirly rides on the teacups and my first experience with feeling motion sick, I realized I may have done better screaming like a girl (I am a girl, after all) on the scary rides. Thanks Lilly for turning nine and inviting us all to your Awesome Birthday Party.

2 comments:

The Figgins said...

I love the photos. Looks like Geoff is becoming Mr. Goofball. Would I expect any less of Mike's son? Nah.

scooping it up said...

what a fun trip. i kinda look forward to stuff like this with slightly older children... :)