Sunday, October 11, 2009

Indian Leg Wrestling

Both Mike and the kids were feeling squirrelly tonight so I knew they needed some physical exertion. It was time for Indian Leg Wrestling. For those of you not familiar with this fun sport here are the rules from ehow.

Instructions
Step 1
Both contestants must lay on the floor. Each contestant is required to lay on the floor with their hips even with one another, but each player laying in the opposite direction.
Step 2
Next, each player raises their legs up in the air three times with their leg at a ninety degree angle to their body. Each time their leg reaches the top they count, 1, 2, 3 and then yell "go!"
Step 3
The two contestants must lock legs at the knee and push forward with all their strength trying to flip the other contestant backward.
Step 4
Once one contestant has completely flipped the other player over the game is over and the winner is declared. Continue the process until only one person remains.


Results: The last time we played this Mike, of course, beat us all, but I could still beat Geoffrey. I was not confident that I could still beat my nearly 6 ft tall son anymore. The first three times tonight, I beat him. But then. . . something clicked and he actually used the muscles he's been developing. . and he clobbered me. Now that confidence was gained, could he beat dear old dad?
Well, almost but not quite. Dad is still the king of leg wrestling but he may one day get dethroned.

On a side note, Reagan fights dirty. Clearly she could not actually beat anyone (although dad let her flip him once) so when she starts to lose, she slips her leg out of the hold and kicks the other person in the ribs. Ouch.

So who is the King of Leg Wrestling in your home?

No comments: